GoodbyeHarmony
Veteraan | Forum Supporter
Great Britain
Merk SP: Stromer st5
Km-stand: 25000

Hi all

Sorry for English post!

I have a 1 month old ST5 I am loving. It's restored my freedom after illness. Once more I can go long rides at weekends.

I am a bit confused though: When one tunes the moter (city/tour/snow etc.) does that apply to all assistance modes, or just 2?

The documentation is not clear on that: Also sometimes I get a little star by the 2 as well as the underscore that I think means I have a tuning pattern selected.

I only learned about calibration from this forum, and there has been some very useful stuff, including the spare batttery carrier discussion.

My only real complaint is I cannot turn off the headlight, and in situations like forest tracks it's not good for other trail users.

Thank you for the help!

Tim
Stromeur
Admin | Forum Supporter
Admin | Forum Supporter
Netherlands
Merk SP: Stromer ST3 PINION SE

Hey Tim, welcome!
GoodbyeHarmony schreef: 13 aug 2020, 01:36 When one tunes the moter (city/tour/snow etc.) does that apply to all assistance modes, or just 2?
Just 2.

If you prefer maximum support, put the TMM-sensor sensitivity at max. That setting is for all 3 support levels.
GoodbyeHarmony schreef: 13 aug 2020, 01:36 Also sometimes I get a little star by the 2 as well as the underscore that I think means I have a tuning pattern selected.
Correct.
GoodbyeHarmony schreef: 13 aug 2020, 01:36 My only real complaint is I cannot turn off the headlight, and in situations like forest tracks it's not good for other trail users.
Due to EU legislation, the headlight/daylight needs to be on at all times, so you can't switch it off. Your M99 PRO will switch between daylight and dim light automatically with it's built-in light sensor.

If you have mounted/directed your headlight in the correct position, it will not bother other people that you encounter. (Just be careful with the high beam option, because that feature is seriously painful for the eyes of everyone coming from the opposite side, including car drivers.)

This one's from the Supernova M99 PRO manual. Mount it like this and you are good to go:

Supernova M99 PRO.png
Supernova M99 PRO.png (1017.81 KiB) 3175 keer bekeken
Stromer ST1 X 2017 - Stromer ST2 S 2018 - Klever X ALPHA 45 2021 - Stromer ST3 PINON 2023
Paultje
Expert
Expert
Great Britain

GoodbyeHarmony schreef: 13 aug 2020, 01:36 Hi all

Sorry for English post!

I have a 1 month old ST5 I am loving. It's restored my freedom after illness. Once more I can go long rides at weekends.

I am a bit confused though: When one tunes the moter (city/tour/snow etc.) does that apply to all assistance modes, or just 2?

The documentation is not clear on that: Also sometimes I get a little star by the 2 as well as the underscore that I think means I have a tuning pattern selected.

I only learned about calibration from this forum, and there has been some very useful stuff, including the spare batttery carrier discussion.

My only real complaint is I cannot turn off the headlight, and in situations like forest tracks it's not good for other trail users.

Thank you for the help!

Tim
Hi Tim
At last, a fellow Brit :cool2: :az
I'm in Cambridge every 4 weeks or so, and have never seen a ST5 while there, so that's a rare bike for the UK......
Welcome to the Forum, and as Sylvia has already confirmed, you've got the jist of the motor-tuning !!
I've also got a 5 ,so any questions, drop us a line mate :ay
:ba Stromer ST5 (stealth-uitvoering !! :aq ), regio Amsterdam, woon-werk 26km enkel.......
GoodbyeHarmony
Great Britain
Merk SP: Stromer st5
Km-stand: 25000

Thanks both.

That's really useful, thank you - I really, really adore the bike but the documentation isn't great, sadly.

This is the only Stromer I;ve noticed in the UK so far - but bound to be others.

The light - it's mounted correctly, but when it goes off sidelight in dark condintions and you're on a slope, it still blinds. I get the rules I really do but it would be nice to be able to knock it off say, until the next stop or something.

For those interested I added a 9051 Di2 diplay unit (the Ultegra one) as an experiment from my other bike and it works a charm, but with that you have to diconnect the on-bike charging port (Shimano calls this 'Junction A') and charge through the display, as only one Junction A is allowed,

A longer stainless M4 cap screw was all that was needed: The band is flexible enough to accomodate the bars.

Also discovering the rack has adaptors available was useful too: Made a nice rear box for work and shopping etc with a basil box.

While I'm on, does anyone else feel a bit of retardation, like injection brake, ocassionally when starting off? Dynamically I'm doing something wrong but can't work it out. It's split second, but can really slow up the off.

Thanks for your help and best wishes

Tim
Paultje
Expert
Expert
Great Britain

GoodbyeHarmony schreef: 14 aug 2020, 11:31 Thanks both.

That's really useful, thank you - I really, really adore the bike but the documentation isn't great, sadly.

This is the only Stromer I;ve noticed in the UK so far - but bound to be others.

The light - it's mounted correctly, but when it goes off sidelight in dark condintions and you're on a slope, it still blinds. I get the rules I really do but it would be nice to be able to knock it off say, until the next stop or something.

For those interested I added a 9051 Di2 diplay unit (the Ultegra one) as an experiment from my other bike and it works a charm, but with that you have to diconnect the on-bike charging port (Shimano calls this 'Junction A') and charge through the display, as only one Junction A is allowed,

A longer stainless M4 cap screw was all that was needed: The band is flexible enough to accomodate the bars.

Also discovering the rack has adaptors available was useful too: Made a nice rear box for work and shopping etc with a basil box.

While I'm on, does anyone else feel a bit of retardation, like injection brake, ocassionally when starting off? Dynamically I'm doing something wrong but can't work it out. It's split second, but can really slow up the off.

Thanks for your help and best wishes

Tim
Hi Tim
You holding the brake in while you start off? Theres always a bit of lag as this is a safety issue with Stromer.
While the brake sensor is engaged(holding brake handle in) the motor has a very small cutout moment for safety....(if you're standing on the pedals at traffic lights etc, with the brake held in, the bike won't go forward)Mine does the same mate !!!! :cool2:
:ba Stromer ST5 (stealth-uitvoering !! :aq ), regio Amsterdam, woon-werk 26km enkel.......
Plaats reactie