Stromer ST2 2017 - Is it worth to have?

Plaats reactie
Artur
Rookie
Rookie

Hi,
My name is Artur and I'm from Warsaw (Poland).
I will use English because I don't know Dutch and Polish will be a problem for you :D I hope it is OK ....
I was looking for some pages or forums where I could ask about Stromer ST2 and that's how I found your site.
In Poland, this brand is probably not very well known, because I did not find any forum about this bike.
I have a request for advice on buying a Stromer ST2 (814Wh, frame 17", wheels 26") bicycle for my wife (160cm). I have the opportunity (is it?) to buy such a bike at a price of 3140 EUR. In the pictures it looks great.
This bike will be 70-75% used in the city but it is also planned to be used in the field. Trips 1-3 weeks, 50-80 km a day, dirt roads, forests, hills. Expeditions with panniers, of course.
Could you advise me what should I pay attention to during the review before buying?
I suspect that there is no warranty anymore :mrgreen:
Is it really worth to buy?
If my wife decides to buy this bike, is there something we should get with the bike? Keys, cards, anything else?
Regards Artur
PS Do you know why this model is not on stromerbike.com?
Stromeur
Admin | Forum Supporter
Admin | Forum Supporter
Netherlands
Merk SP: Stromer ST3 PINION SE

Hey, welcome on our forum! :ay

The Stromer ST2 is end of life since 2018, that's why it is no longer on the Stromerbike website.

Whether the price is good mainly depends on how many km's de bike has done and what the condition of the battery is. This is important, because the battery and the motor are the most expensive parts to replace if they are worn out. Both total amount of km's and condition of the battery can be seen in the OMNI app, so ask the owner about that.

The best battery status is "very good". When the battery capacity gets below 70%, it changes to "good", or even less. You need to take this into account so you can calculate if the capacity is still enough for what you want to do with it. A new 814Wh battery will cost you 1650 euro.

The total amount of km's is relevant, because the bearing of the rear wheel cannot be replaced separately. So if the bearing is worn, you need to replace the complete motor + wheel, because Stromer does not sell this separately. This will cost you about 1600 euro. (Yeah, crazy, we know.) We have estimated that an ST2 real wheel bearing might get worn out somewhere around 25.000-30.000km. It does not seem to happen with all ST2's, but you seriously need to take this into account.

Please note that a Stromer might look like an MTB, but it is not a dirt-bike. It's a road bike. At least you may want to change the tyres and add a suspension fork if you want to go off road with it.

For bike trekkings: the luggage rack can only take 15kg's max. Which is fine for communiting, but not enough if you want to put your luggage for a longer trek on it. For heavier luggage you may want to consider something like a BOB trailer.

With regards to what else you need to check before buying, we have an extensive topic about that. Maybe you can read this with the help of Google Translate:

viewtopic.php?p=36469#p36469

If Google Translate is not enough to help you out, just let us know and we will translate the most important stuff for you.
Stromer ST1 X 2017 - Stromer ST2 S 2018 - Klever X ALPHA 45 2021 - Stromer ST3 PINON 2023
Golvas
Veteraan
Veteraan

Geen garantie ? ... laat hem dan maar staan.
Golvas V2.0 🇧🇪 🇺🇦

🚲 S̶t̶r̶o̶m̶e̶r̶ ̶S̶T̶2̶ ̶2̶0̶1̶8̶ ̶ ̶*̶ ̶ ̶S̶p̶o̶r̶t̶ ̶2̶0̶”̶ ̶ ̶*̶ ̶ ̶M̶a̶t̶t̶ ̶B̶l̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶ ̶*̶ ̶ ̶9̶8̶3̶ ̶W̶h̶ (Verkocht)
Artur
Rookie
Rookie

Thanks for explaining the riddle about the disappearing bike :ay
Many thanks for the advices (prices are impressive :dwarf: ) And Golvas' remark - thanks
I will have to think about buying this bike again.
Plaats reactie